A finished quilt: Kananaskis

I finished the binding on a quick quilt a couple of days ago, so yesterday I took it out for photos. We went back to Elbow Falls; last time we visited, it was covered in snow. This time it was crazy hot and we brought Hank with us this time.

I made this within a week so I could rent the longarm machine at work. I needed something quick so I could practice. I panto-ed this in three hours- and that included unpicking a whole row and somehow managing to do a whole row with no thread.

Back to more photos from yesterday…

DSCF0907 DSCF0925 DSCF0921
The back…

It looks like I’ve only finished up one quilt this year but it’s actually two, nearly three. Too many secrets!

STATS
Size – 61″ x 57″
Number of blocks – 20 – 10 of two styles.
Time to make – Piecing a couple of days and quilting three hours- maybe a total of 14 hours including binding.
Fabric – Bo Bunny’s Trail Mix collection plus Kona Forest.
Backing Fabric – Anne Kelle Remix ovals and a bit of Jo Morton Leesburg to make up what I needed, both were 75% off so I paid about $4 a metre for them.
Binding Fabric – More Kona Forest.
Threads – Piecing with Aurifil 50 wt. Quilting with Wonderfil Decobob prewound bobbins (80 wt) and Isacord on top (40 wt).
Batting – 80/20 Hobbs Heirloom.
Quilting- English Oak pantograph from Urban Elementz on Bernina Q24.

1. Posted May 4, 2016 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Now I see why you went to Canada! It looks amazing and your quilt looks great. It must be brilliant to get to use a longarm at work 🙂

2. Posted May 4, 2016 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

I love this quilt-is it your own pattern? If not where do I find it?

3. Tomomi McElwee
    Posted May 4, 2016 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

Look at the sunsine and scenery. So jealous. Still cold and wet over here. Oh yes lovely quilt you made! Very Canadian 🙂

4. Lynne Tilley
    Posted May 4, 2016 at 10:32 pm | Permalink

It’s so gorgeous! Just beautiful!

5. Posted May 5, 2016 at 12:56 am | Permalink

Oh I love Elbow Falls! I used to go there for picnics with my Grandma and Grandad when I lived with them in Calgary! Haven’t been there in years! Hank looks like he loves it too! What’s a Pantograph? I thought it was a computer program but I see now in the photo that maybe it’s a template you put on top of the quilt? (I have never long armed as you can see.)

6. Posted May 5, 2016 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Hank looks happy wandering the falls and makes a great quilt model – looks like fun on the long arm, and yes very jealous of the weather!

7. Posted May 8, 2016 at 7:14 am | Permalink

I like this, i like the dark sashing on the blocks. I think following a panto would be good fun