Shine Bright – My final finish for 2015, plus Project 48

It’s quilted and bound (and has been for about a week but I haven’t had the opportunity for photos until today)! Here is Shine Bright in all its glory! Now I guess I need to finish the pattern writing and get my first Quilt Workout pattern out there.

While I was taking photos, this guy was directly in front of me thinking he was having his photo taken. Maybe he has his photo taken too often, such a poser.

This quilt was done with a pantograph, started by me but finished by Penny (see this post). I really enjoyed the quilting, possibly more than the piecing part!

That’s a finish along finish!

STATS
Size – 60″ x 60″
Number of blocks – 45 of various shapes and sizes.
Time to make – Not sure how long the quilting took after I left it so lets just count the piecing – 18 hours.
Fabric – Best Day Ever FQ bundle by April Rosenthal for Moda, plus Kona Pomegranate.
Backing Fabric – Hummingbirds by Hillberg- £2 a yard in Fabric Guild!
Binding Fabric – Yellow print that I’ve had stashed for a while.
Threads – Coats throughout
Batting – 80/20 Soft and Elegant.
Quilting- Flowery pantograph on Gamill.

Linking up to the FAL Party…

2015 Finish-Along

***

Crystal from Raspberry Spool (and Sewvivor alumni like myself) and Linden from Vine Lines Quilting have been working hard to create a year-long sew-along sampler quilt with loads of other quilt bloggers – like me!

Project 48 delivers four 9” blocks each month on a different theme – two traditional and two modern style blocks so you can choose to make tradition or modern or a hybrid of both. The series will be offered free of charge in 2016 to all those who sign up.

Each week, subscribers will receive an email with the instructions to the block and information on the guest contributors – I’m doing a traditional appliqué block in September, Jo Avery is doing the modern variation. Linden and Crystal make the other two blocks in a month.

Membership to Project 48 is free! Go here to sign up!

***

Back tomorrow with a special gift…

1. Posted December 19, 2015 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

It’s stunning – I love your choice of colours!

2. Brenda
    Posted December 19, 2015 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

I love the pomegranate color throughout — it really ties everything together nicely without being obtrusive for such a bright color. I had to go back to look for how much you used it after I saw it in your materials list. It’s a really great quilt. Such a blend of different things.

3. Posted December 19, 2015 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Another fabulous finish! Love the pattern! Off to sign up now 🙂

4. Sheila Williams
    Posted December 19, 2015 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

Fabulous fabrics, I love the colours

5. Posted December 21, 2015 at 10:14 am | Permalink

It looks even better in person. Or should that be in quilt?

6. Posted December 22, 2015 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

I loved watching this come together and delighted to be seeing it as a finished quilt top. Thanks for the heads up on Project 48 – just signed up!

7. Tomomi McElwee
    Posted December 22, 2015 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

Love this quilt. Great pattern challenge I think.

8. Posted January 9, 2016 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Your quilt is amazing. Not too long ago I rented a long arm and decided not to do that again until I was in the position to purchase. Way to much fun! This comment from my cheerleading duties as part of the 2015 FAL team. Thanks for participating!

Now as me, just Rhonda, thanks for the introduction to Project48. Just what I needed…another project for my 2016 FAL list **winks** Seriously though, I did sign up and intend to play along. What fun…I knew nothing about it until I seen it here!