Pets on Quilts 2015

It’s Pets on Quilts time again! I don’t know why I didn’t enter adorable-6-month-old-puppy Hank last year, but I will be entering the Dog on Quilt category with grown-up Hank this year…

The quilt is Left A-Lone Star- soon to have a better name when actually finished. It’s sat unquilted for over a year, maybe even two years which is a long time for a WIP for me. This weekend I started properly quilting it. I just felt like quilting instead of piecing and my tension was behaving itself for a change! I’d like to finish it before this quarter of the finish along so I have something to show!

I’m about a quarter of the way through. Here’s the quilting sans-dog…

Times like this make me really really want a longarm

I’ve probably reached the English Pointer quota by entering Hank, Frankly into the Animal Themed Quilt category too.

Go to the Pets on Quilts linky party here!

1. Posted August 23, 2015 at 9:47 am | Permalink

The quilting is looking good. I hope your tension continues to behave

2. Posted August 23, 2015 at 10:31 am | Permalink

Hank you look very handsome sitting on your Mum’s quilt. You much let her finish quilting it though because she is doing a beautiful job!

3. Posted August 23, 2015 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

I’m glad you got Hank to pose nicely on this quilt, instead of just with his toe. Your quilting is just lovely, as is the quilt itself. This is sure to be a happy quilt when it’s finished.

4. Tomomi McElwee
    Posted August 23, 2015 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

Pretty Hank.He must be a best behaveing one. Like the quilting you are doing. Keep going! What longarm can’t do is podering here and there as you go along. Maybe possible, but I like to quilt a bit and sit back and think a bit and quilt a bit way.

5. Posted August 24, 2015 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Love those long legs he has – very photogenic!

6. Dana Gaffney
    Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:37 am | Permalink

Look how handsome he is and he poses so perfectly! The quilt is pretty nice too 🙂

7. Sharon
    Posted August 25, 2015 at 4:03 am | Permalink

What a handsome lad on a beautiful quit.

8. Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

Hank is so talented at pointing out your beautiful quilting! The quilt is gorgeous, and Hank is so handsome.
    Susie

9. Posted August 26, 2015 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Hank looks so properly posed and pleased to be modeling your quilt for you! I hope that you continue to have good tension and fun finishing this quilt. 🙂

10. Posted August 26, 2015 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

What a Handsome hound Hank is and a totally gorgeous quilt Kerry!

11. Posted August 26, 2015 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

You can show Hank any time. He looks like a sweetie. Beautiful quilt.

12. Posted August 27, 2015 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

Your quilt is beautiful! I love your details and color combination! Hank looks like a sweetie!

13. Posted August 28, 2015 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

Super cut quilt. Love the feather stitching.

14. Posted August 29, 2015 at 3:09 am | Permalink

What a wonderful model Hank is. Your quilt is beautiful, Kerry.

15. Michele T
    Posted August 29, 2015 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

Your quilt is gorgeous, I love all the colours… and of course, Hank looks great anywhere, he is awesome!!

16. Karen Thurn
    Posted August 29, 2015 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Pawsitively a beautiful quilt! Happy quilting the res of it.

17. Debi
    Posted August 30, 2015 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

Hank is so cute and your quilt is gorgeous! Your colors are beautiful and work really well in my house LOL!