I’ve made my dinosaur blouse!
I had some issues with the directional print- meaning I had to recut a couple of pieces and despite having masses left over, I didn’t have a piece long enough for the front so once more the creative piecing came into play. Clearly its a dinosaur thing!
Still I’m happy with it, and after cutting out it was a quick make… before alterations. I made it a size 16 according to my measurements which meant I then had to take it in maybe three inches at the waist plus it had magician sleeves that needed another inch taking off and also it’s still a bit more loose fitting than I’d normally choose.
I also made my Dachshund skirt! Which means that dressmaking is off the cards from now on, I think I’m all dressed out. Those cut up mens skirts can lurk a little longer (until I’m slim enough to fit in them, oops).
I used this pattern before and I know it still fits, so once I found the pieces I cut last time, I just lengthened the pieces a touch as I wanted it to fall just below the knee.
It has pockets (no I didn’t pattern match the side seams)!
Both patterns are by Simplicity. If you want to know what numbers, I’ll have to look it up…