A quilt with no name

I couldn’t think of a name for this mini, but I don’t really need to as it’s going to be flying outta here tomorrow to my Schnitzel and Boo swap partner, just got to get some edibles for the package!

The quilting is just messing about with a few decorative stitches. I seem to remember they go bigger than this but I must be wrong as I had it on maximum width. I left/lost my basting pins at the meeting on the weekend so my walking foot did an excellent job of not bodging up the back…

I forgot my machine had a fonts and programmable alphabet, I think I’ll do all my quilt labels like this from now on. By which I mean I’ll actually start labelling my quilts. The back also has a couple of triangles to help with hanging. I’m not sure I did the flange bit right, maybe I should have read up on it rather than just going for it?

Just one more swap quilt to go – and start. Just got to pluck up the courage to try out my idea.

STATS
Size – 24 1/2″ square
Number of blocks – 16x courthouse steps blocks
Time to make– 6-7 hours
Fabric – Scraps and FQs of all sorts- Lily Ashbury, Cotton and Steel, Heather Bailey, Alison Glass, Amy Butler….
Backing Fabric – Ikea Nummers
Binding Fabric – Robert Kaufman black and white heavy check fabric with inner flange of aqua Sketch.
Threads – Coats Moon throughout
Batting – 80/20 Soft and Elegant offcut
Quilting- Machine stitch presets of scallops, wiggles and crosses.

This is my first finish for the 2015 Q1 Finish Along.

Scraptastic Tuesday
Also linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday.

Fresh Poppy Design
And Fabric Tuesday as well, why not?

1. Cindy
    Posted January 13, 2015 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

this is such a cool design , kerry. you have one lucky partner!

2. Posted January 13, 2015 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

I didn’t instantly see they were courthouse step blocks – too busy admiring the lovely shapes and colours! Lucky swap partner, I’d be delighted to get this in the post!

3. Posted January 14, 2015 at 12:10 am | Permalink

I love this mini. I’ve never seen court house blocks look so interesting before 🙂

4. Lisa
    Posted January 14, 2015 at 3:35 am | Permalink

Your scraps worked so well together in this little mini.
    Congratulations on your finish.

5. Posted January 14, 2015 at 3:57 am | Permalink

I love your mini – this is one of my favorite patterns.

6. Lline
    Posted January 14, 2015 at 4:57 am | Permalink

I know it’s Courthouse Steps but it looks like Chinese Lanterns boxed up and ready for shipping to me. Very bright and happy.

7. Posted January 14, 2015 at 8:43 am | Permalink

Love it – lucky partner! Great colours and I’m really loving a bit of black in quilts at the moment. Great way to label – my fav way is to freehand free motion quilt it somewhere on the quilt. Well done on your first finish of 2015 – good start to the year! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

8. audrey
    Posted January 14, 2015 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

Love this! So sweet.:)

9. Posted January 14, 2015 at 10:43 pm | Permalink

No clue on the name, but I’m sure the recipient will lvoe it anyway

10. Posted January 15, 2015 at 5:21 am | Permalink

Nice! I do wish my machine could do writing for labels! I have to settle for printing them on fabric and setting it. Love the colors in this mini.

11. Kay
    Posted January 17, 2015 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

I really like this, they remind me of Chinese lanterns. x

12. Posted April 5, 2015 at 7:37 am | Permalink