Christmas and Birthday sewing gifts

Last Monday (22nd) it was my birthday and I received…

A walking foot (and a quarter inch snap on plate) from OH. I don’t think I’ll ever need to take this off my machine.

Some fat quarters from Wendy

A bundle of stuffs from Hannah including a little fabric basket that will be perfect as a much needed thread catcher, Seriously don’t look at my floor…

I also did a little more shopping with Clair with money from my grandma which hasn’t arrived yet (obviously), so the above will give you an idea of what she sells over in Australia for reasonable prices – brand new stuff – and I know that fabric is more expensive there than it is here so consider that a shared secret! This little lot were bought a couple of weeks ago and only took a week to arrive, even at this peak time! My next batch has some Charley Harper Nurture in it!

I also received some lovely Lucky Penny from Ange with a pouch too.

And Santa then brought…

Some fabrics of varying sizes in the style (or are they actual?!) Denyse Schmidt- these will be so good in so many things (from Wendy again, she spoils me)

A Gardenvale charm pack pre-release from Hannah (YEY!)

A fat quarter bundle of Best Day Ever from OH

I’ve also placed a couple of sale orders and bought myself a stitch in the ditch plate for my walking foot. My gran got me a new cutting mat too. Best get some sewing done then!

1. Posted January 1, 2015 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

Happy belated birthday. The Best Day Ever bundle looks so cheery on this grey day.

2. Posted January 1, 2015 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday! You have some lovely presents too. The brown and orange are Denyse Schmidt from her Katie Jump Rope collection. Long out of print and selling at a large premium on sites like etsy and ebay.

3. Posted January 1, 2015 at 9:05 pm | Permalink

Whew, that lot will keep you busy for a while!

4. Posted January 1, 2015 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday! Happy Christmas! Happy New Year! Lots and lots of happy!

Looks like you had a fabulous fabric month. I can’t wait to see what you make with it all!

5. Posted January 2, 2015 at 11:27 am | Permalink

What lovely presents! Belated Happy Birthday and a Happy New Year!

6. Di
    Posted January 2, 2015 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Happy Belated Birthday! I use my walking foot a lot – I find it stops the top fabric from moving too much, which it does with an ordinary foot. But I think it’s a rather generous 1/4″ so beware!

7. Posted January 2, 2015 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Oooh yay what a lovely lot of gifts! And thread catcher genius idea. I prob ought make one for myself.. one day. Love love the Best Day Ever bundle too and DS 🙂

8. Posted January 2, 2015 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Yep they are. Katie Jump Rope. To me they just say “Kerry”

9. Posted January 3, 2015 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Happy belated birthday!

10. Posted January 6, 2015 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Happy belated birthday – you did well there!

11. Posted January 6, 2015 at 6:24 pm | Permalink