Raglan top

Imaginative title, huh?

I’ve finished sewing up a top with Art Gallery Knits – specifically one of the Priory Square ones, and Interlock Solids for the sleeves and trims, both from Village Haberdashery.

The pattern is Hey June’s Lane Raglan, which was very clear and easy to follow. I made this up in a medium for a slouchy fit but it would still be slouchy in a small. This pattern is closer to high street sizing than traditional sewing patterns!

I shortened the sleeves as I ran out of fabric and went for this sort of three-quarters-ish look. I actually found working with knits very easy. I cut out over about 20 minutes on Friday evening and then I stitched it up in about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes on Saturday.

If only nice fabric was less expensive, I’d already be making my second by now!

1. Posted November 23, 2014 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Looks great and love how you finished off the sleeves!

2. Sarah
    Posted November 23, 2014 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

I love it!

3. Posted November 23, 2014 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

That is a gorgeous top! If only it would suit me 🙂 I think 3/4 sleeves are great long enough to keep you warm and short enough to not get in the way.

4. Posted November 23, 2014 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

you did a great job, your top is fab! We were only saying last week, making your own clothes used to be cheaper than buying and we all learned to do dress making at school.
    I can remember making lovely swirly skirts in the 70’s but as you say, fabric has become so expensive.
    Nowdays clothes are cheaper in the shops.

5. Posted November 23, 2014 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

Lovely top!

6. Dianne neale
    Posted November 24, 2014 at 7:44 am | Permalink

Great! It really suits you . I’m tempted myself!

7. Posted November 24, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Lovely! fabric you’ve chosen really suits it – can’t over how big Hank is!

8. Posted November 24, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

it’s a fab top. I love the contrast fabric on the bottom of the sleeves, I like little touches like that.

9. Tanya
    Posted November 24, 2014 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

I love this top, it looks great on you. I wish I could make clothes x

10. Posted November 25, 2014 at 12:44 am | Permalink

Oh I love it!

11. Posted November 29, 2014 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

This looks fab, I want one! And your body to go with it *sigh* Did Hank eat the foot after all?