Back on Track

My machine is back! It cost me nothing in the end, with Husqvarna’s kindly paying for my service. I’m not convinced it’s better, the tension still seems a bit off in FMQ mode and the cutter is still hit and miss at times. Still…

It means that I’ve now finished my mini quilt for the swap and have a couple of weeks to tinker with what goodies I may be including ๐Ÿ™‚ Partner, expect Schokobons (love those) and I think I’m going to make you a little machine embroidery hoop too, but I can’t reveal that until it’s been received as it will possibly give the game away as to whom it is for!

It’s handpieced (English Paper Piecing)- the block is the Flowering Snowball- ย and measures the maximum 24″ square size. I’ve quilted it with an echo of the curves and some matchstick quilting in a grid of five to make it a bit more interesting.

Here’s the back- with the name blanked out.

Linking up to my Q4 finish along list!

Also linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday!

1. Posted November 10, 2014 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

I’m just off to Google Flowering Snowball right now!

2. Posted November 10, 2014 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

It’s gorgeous Kerry – really need to crack on with my mini now!!!! Glad to hear you’ve got your machine back, sorry it doesn’t feel significantly different x

3. Posted November 11, 2014 at 1:55 am | Permalink

This is a lovely quilt, I love how you placed the colours. I’ve seen this block pieced before, not EPP. Your partner is very lucky.

4. Posted November 11, 2014 at 3:59 am | Permalink

This looks fabulous – your partner is going to love it. Weird about the machine, but it’s great that they paid for it. Hopefully it’ll settle down and work properly. Can’t wait to see what else you get up to! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Ella
    Posted November 11, 2014 at 4:14 am | Permalink

Love it! I need to get my #igmini package together…

6. Posted November 11, 2014 at 9:09 am | Permalink

That’s a shame about the machine but hopefully you see some other improvements?

Love love the mini it’s gorgeous! Need crack on with mine now..

7. Posted November 11, 2014 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

I love your mini it is fabulous. Still need to get mine started – last minute junky that I am. Thanks for linking up to scraptastic Tuesday 2

8. Posted November 11, 2014 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

your mini is fab, I love the way you’ve arranged the colours and kudos for sticking with the hand piecing long after I’d have stabbed myself in the eye with the needle!

9. Posted November 11, 2014 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

Just catching up, hope Hank isn’t missing his goolies, the mini looks fab, and glad Husqvarna coughed up for the service!

10. Erin
    Posted November 11, 2014 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

Super exciting that you got your machine back. I love all of the colours in this mini quilt.

11. Posted November 12, 2014 at 3:55 am | Permalink

It’s nice. It will be well received! I’m glad you got your machine back even if it’s not 100%

12. kate alicea
    Posted June 3, 2015 at 1:12 am | Permalink

This GORGEOUS mini lives in a beautiful spot in Florida! I cant tell you how much i love it! Also, the Pug hoop!!!! Oh my!!
    Thank you so much Kerry! <3