Having a doodle

I’ve decided to move onto quilting my neglected Lone Star quilt (btw any suggestions for names?) – it’s been sat on top of my shelves for a couple of months now since I basted it. I printed off a photo of the finished top and had a doodle…

q1

Other than the bubbles (I hate doing them, so I’m probably going to continue with the little stipple from the applique areas), this is the plan!

q2

Yeah after winding bobbins, changing needles and cleaning out the fluff, I managed to stitch in the ditch around one diamond today, that’s it!

1. Lynne Nicholson
    Posted September 4, 2014 at 10:49 am | Permalink

How GORGEOUS!! 😀 If this was my quilt I would call it FLORAL GLASS!! As it reminds me of stained glass windows with a floral design!! 😀

2. Posted September 4, 2014 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Yes, I have seen this one before! I have a trick for not having to clean out your machine – take it to a guild meeting and con an unsuspecting friend into doing it…
    How about “Neglected Lone Star”. Yeah, I know, I’m good.

3. Posted September 4, 2014 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Seeing as the quilt has been neglected, what about “Alone Star”?

4. Posted September 4, 2014 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

The Loneliness Of The Long Neglected Star?

5. Posted September 5, 2014 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Flowering Star….? Too tired to be creative just yet! But the bubbles look interesting 🙂

6. Posted September 5, 2014 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

I see concentric squares! Love it. Don’t underestimate stitching in the ditch – it’s hard to do well and will be invaluable when stitching everything else!