Festival of Quilts round up

I have such sore feet! My camera ran out of juice halfway round, but these are some of the quilts that caught my eye. My judge’s comments were good cop bad cop again- one gave me two ‘excellents’, one gave me two ‘satisfactory’s and told me to think about the colour of thread I used- err yeah I did, I wanted black on top! The good cop one told me blocking would help with getting it to hang better which is something I thought was for crochet and knitting…. I haven’t got a floor big enough but would be interested to know more about this if anyone knows any good links?

Anyway, these are the ones I really loved, though some of my photos don’t show the name cards properly. I also came away with a stack of fabric and my first Bloc Loc ruler 🙂

I didn't get the maker's name- if anyone has it please let me know!

I didn’t get the maker’s name- if anyone has it please let me know!

By Anneleze Littlefair

By Anneleze Littlefair

Carmen Arevalo Sanchez and Silvia Gonzalez Medina

by Tracy Aplin

by Tracy Aplin

Mini by Jane Sully

Mini by Jane Sully

Credit needed

by Paula Flaherty (I think)

by Paula Rafferty

by the lovely Hannah Annear aka Quirkyhannah

by Sheena Norquay

by Sheena Norquay

by Ulrike Tillmanns

by Ulrike Tillmanns

1. Posted August 10, 2014 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Love this round up, and I totally want that bench! (and a garden to put it in, but let’s not go there 😉 )

2. Posted August 10, 2014 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Wow some lovely and interesting quilts. Love the bench.

3. Posted August 11, 2014 at 7:59 am | Permalink

MY GOD, that bench! Was that decoupage? Was it fabric or paper? My mind is fully blown.

So sad I couldn’t go this year, but sadly it’s no longer just hopping on a train to get there.

4. Posted August 11, 2014 at 8:58 am | Permalink

Thankyou for sharing these photos. I don’t go to big shows, I cannot manage the standing and walking, so it’s fun to get a look via my blog friends.
    I simply adore the little sparrow quilt, what a nice selection of very different work you have chosen to show. The bee quilt interested me, I wondered if a group of ladies had all made their own block, to be joined together at the end.

5. Posted August 11, 2014 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

So while I stalk the sewvivor entries I thought I’d have a bit of a poke around at your place… 🙂

OMFG I WANT THE SKULL QUILT! That is so awesome and I would love to know more about the person who made it – so awesome. They’re all awesome really – quilters are amazing people.

Do you follow @quiltjane on IG – she might be able to help you with some info about blocking quilts. 🙂 *hits refresh*

6. Posted August 11, 2014 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

I love your taste in quilts Kerry – I didn’t get to go to the Festival and am delighted to see these! The skull is by Paula Rafferty who I sew with on thursday nights. http://paularafferty.blogspot.ie/2014/07/summer-holidays.html shows some of this quilt in progress.

7. Catrin
    Posted August 12, 2014 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

Seems we took pictures of many of the same quilts although I can’t say that the birdie quilts are to my taste. I can appreciate the work and skill that have gone into them but they’re not really my cup of tea.

I found that going round and taking pictures of all the quilts that caught my eye and then going back through my gallery my cup of tea is either traditional with teeny tiny piecing or whole cloths or modern (whatever that is) with really large piecing and lots of negative space!

8. Posted August 13, 2014 at 8:29 am | Permalink

Aw thanks for showing mine! Some of those are my faves too and I seriously need that pac man quilt!

9. Posted August 22, 2014 at 10:06 am | Permalink

you made a wonderful quilt…