I don’t get it!

Picture by @quirkyhannah on IG

The lovely Reene has tagged me on photos coming up on Instagram of my David Bowie quilt, there are four (1, 2, 3, 4) so far not from people I know which means that people actually like it or something! I don’t understand, the quilting is really awful after my machine malfunction and I maintain that the chin is not right, or the face shape, it’s my least favourite quilt ever….

From @roseewoodland on Instagram

I mean, look at this one!!!! I am a bit embarrassed by it đŸ™‚ More pictures from the show when I go tomorrow!

1. Mary. Ann
    Posted August 9, 2014 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

It is a fabulous quilt……..

2. Piroska
    Posted August 9, 2014 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

It’s a gorgeous quilt! I’ve been looking at google images of Ziggy Stardust, and you did a beautiful job! He DOES have an odd-chin–in real life! It can’t have been easy to “translate” the image into quilting.
    But it’s automatically recognizable–absolutely capturing Bowie as Ziggy.
    :o)

3. Posted August 10, 2014 at 4:30 am | Permalink

You are funny, of course you like it or you would not put it in the show. You need to stop now with pointing out the bits you are less happy with and just present it for others to make decisions about. It is lovely. There is no way to capture DB’s face perfectly on a quilt, but frankly, although I love the quilting on the background of the other one, I like your quilt much better. I like the image it creates, the mess of colours and patterns behind the outline of the face, it makes one think.

4. Posted August 10, 2014 at 7:33 am | Permalink

Oh stop already! I saw it yesterday and yes, the quilting wasn’t perfect but the effect was there. As I was stood waiting for people to move so that I could get a picture I only heard good comments and everyone recognised him. I can only dream of producing something that original. Might bump into you today?

5. Posted August 10, 2014 at 9:58 am | Permalink

I found you via Sewvivor, I will be watching your progress. I’m bowled over by your quilts and your talent. I had to show my husband your quilt of Penny and Fletcher, so, so beautiful. I then looked at your photos on flickr. We both loved the scenery picture quilt of a figure stood by a silver birch tree, (I think).
    My husband’s an ice hockey fan who supported Whitley Warriors and often watched them play Nottingham Pampers, he is a big Penguin fan. I enjoyed watching ice hockey when we went to games in Sweden.
    Best of luck with your quilt today. It looks very impressive.

6. Posted August 10, 2014 at 10:00 am | Permalink

I’m sure I should have written Panthers. I had to giggle at my mistake.