Three Finishes in quarter 1 out of six possibles ain’t bad eh? I did work on the other three though, I was a good girl, I just didn’t actually finish them. So here’s what I want to have done by the end of June (starting with the new stuff)…
My current obsession, the postage stamp quilt. I made the 30 blocks I wanted to and then decided to increase it by another row of 5, plus 14 half blocks down each vertical, making it effectively 42 blocks. I have replaced the 5 duplicates which means I am completely out of 2 1/2″ squares again with 8 blocks to go, so I need 288 more squares. The postman has them though so don’t worry I’m not putting out a call for help again, they are actually on their way. Once that’s done I will need to do the applique over the top- but I haven’t told you who that is yet have I (well one person knows)…? I’m going to ask you to guess when I’ve made the appliqué. This will be my entry for the Festival of Quilts this year.
I made this dress from Bike Path last week using a pattern that was free in a copy of Sew about four years ago. The skirt part fits great on my hips (pockets are too far away from my hands though?!) but the bodice is too big because the arm holes are baggy. Not sure why this keeps happening, maybe I have a dodgy tape measure?! SO for this to be finished I need to stop grumbling and take it in, including the lining, urgghh.
Next up, I’ve not made any more progress on my sort-of-lone-star since these appliqué blocks. This will be scrappy too since I only seem to be making scrappy quilts at the moment. I do have a lot of scraps though and I enjoy the freedom and the make do side of it. The idea is it stops me buying new fabric. Stop laughing.
My log cabin blocks are multiplying since the two I showed you in January, but I doubt this will be finished by the middle of the year since I want it bigger than my postage stamp quilt!
The Row by Row quilt is now a complete top! I need to baste and quilt.
The dreaded Hello Chevron top is now exactly halfway pieced after adding two more rows at the last MQG meeting. Yes I only managed two rows all day, I have no idea why I didn’t do better! I’ve started skipping the trimming step too as it’s driving me mad…
I have some other bee quilt tops (three!) waiting to be basted, plus some half done Cathedral Windows destined to be a cushion but I really can’t face those yet. We will revisit that drawer next quarter. I also have at least two quilts to make for pitching to magazines as I’ve not done that for a month or two, a birthday cushion this month and there will be three blocks over this quarter for the BOM so it’s not like I don’t have enough there to get on with!