Yucky

I’ve been yucky and ill the last few days, but then it appears so has EVERYONE in the UK, I’m sure there’s a secret pandemic. So whilst my brain decided to go doolally, making my body ache and me sleep a stupid amount (coinciding with a mild allergic reaction to a hypoallergenic hair dye and now the onset of a cold) I’ve done very little but read in the awake moments.

Yesterday I found enough energy to decide to cross off the twenty hedgehogs WIP I’ve had for ages and instead of twenty, just sew the two blocks I had together to make a pouch for a swap. Realistically I was never going to finish it anyway. The lining is yellow with scissor print, I forgot to photograph that.

DSCF6617 DSCF6619

These are two colour variants of African Pygmy hedgehogs, rather than a serving suggestion ;)

1. Posted February 26, 2014 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Lovely hedgehogs! I thought that their names were inspired by hair colours, since you mentioned hair dye before ;-) My mum always got a reaction to permanent hair dye, at home and at the hairdressers, and ended up using a semi permanent one without problems.

2. Posted February 26, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Glad to hear they weren’t a serving suggestion, although remember hedgehog crisps?!

3. Posted February 26, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Please take good care of yourself and feel better soon.

Your hedgies are adorable. Perfect for a bag :)

4. Posted February 26, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

You do make the most unusual (and v. cool) things. Sorry you’re still under-the-weather. I’m off work today with a sick kid, bugs are everywhere!!!

5. Jeannie D in TN
    Posted February 26, 2014 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

I love hedgehogs! Never seen one up close as they aren’t native to the US. The bag is adorable…sorry you aren’t well…sinus infections, bronchitis and the dreaded stomach virus are all on the “Malady Menu” here! Feel better soon

6. Posted February 26, 2014 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Your picture caption reminded me of this joke.
    In the US, there’s one difference between zoos in the north & zoos the south. In the north, there is a sign stating the Latin name, the common name, and facts about the animal. In the south, the sign has the Latin name, the common name, and a recipe.

Sometimes the best finishes are when you change directions like this. The bag is adorable. Well done!

7. Posted February 26, 2014 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

I feel like i’m being stalked by African Pygmy Hedgehogs, that’s the 3rd time i’ve seen them real of represented in a week (paranoid i know!). Hope you feel better soon :o)

8. Posted February 26, 2014 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

Sounds like what I had last week, maybe it is a pandemic!!! Love the cute little hedgies.

9. Posted February 26, 2014 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Love that pouch. Not the germs though. The germs can bugger off.

10. Posted February 27, 2014 at 3:28 am | Permalink

I hope you feel better soon. The hedgehogs are so cute, my kid wants a hedgehog. Maybe I should quilt him one as I am not a fan of owning one.

11. Posted February 27, 2014 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

it’s not a bug or a virus, it’s an allergy to Ange. i’ve got one too.

LOVE those hedgehogs! Please make 20, please, please, please!

12. Posted February 28, 2014 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Those hedgehogs are lovely – perfect for a pouch! Hope you soon feel better :)

13. Posted March 2, 2014 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

At least the hedgehogs feel useful now and not neglected, they are very cute.