In progress

I’ve almost finished assembling my moose appliqué for the moose quilt and can’t go any further as I need it to demo turned edge machine appliqué at the next EMMQG meeting on Saturday. I have a funny feeling that there won’t be many people following along doing their own designs, and a lot of people observing from what I’ve been told. I’m hoping at least one person makes along with me, but it is a bit different to standard piecing and I think most people favour that as a quilting method. I myself like both appliqué (only using this method though!) and piecing.

Since I can’t really show you that as the design is almost entirely covered with freezer paper, I have something else to show you. Once I got to the stopping point on the moose, I moved on and did some more work on my giant churn dash. This is what it looks like this far…

Putting off the diagonals a little bit.

In other news, my new Husqvarna Sapphire has gone back to the shop after it started to melt itself when I put a new bulb in (because the one that it came with blew as soon as I plugged it in), to the point where I couldn’t get a new bulb in as the socket had melted over rather scarily. I’m back on the Pfaff which means it won’t be for sale for a little while yet until the threat has been neutralised ;) Turns out being lazy pays off, otherwise I’d have no machine to work on.

If  you’re interested, I have a couple of Pfaff feet listed on eBay and I will have a treadle machine joining my listings (hopefully tonight!) to try and raise a bit of wedding cash, plus expect a blog-only fabric destash this week too as an extension on the Instagram one on Saturday. Everything must go! ;)

1. Rose Smith
    Posted January 6, 2014 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

The turned edge machine appliqué sounds interesting – hope you’ll be bloging about it some more after your demo?
    Sorry to hear about your new machine – hope they get it sorted for you soon!

2. Posted January 6, 2014 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

I cannot believe that happened to your new machine. That sucks! how get those triangles on the top. ;-)

3. Hannah
    Posted January 6, 2014 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

Hope your machine gets sorted soon! Loving the churn dash so far and I might have to hide when you destash as you always have lovely things!

4. Posted January 6, 2014 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Sorry about your machine. It sounds as if they got the wires crossed! I am game to do your workshop on Saturday as I like learning new techniques. Di x

5. Flying Blind
    Posted January 6, 2014 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

Bad news on the melting!!
    Make sure you destash at some normal-working-person hour, like 8pm, but bet I’ll still miss it; not that I am buying fabric, but maybe just to help you out, you know, like charity ;)

6. Posted January 6, 2014 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Loving the look of the coloured section of the churn dash, but eek on the melting machine!

7. Posted January 6, 2014 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

Damn that melting machine, was hoping to see it on Saturday and find out how you were getting on with it! I will be playing along on Saturday, if I can just get the prep done. I tried to read the instructions last week, but there were lots of words, will give it a shot on Wednesday night when my brain is a bit clearer :o)

8. Posted January 6, 2014 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

The churn dash looks brilliant!

9. Posted January 7, 2014 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

never fear Kerry, I’ll be appliqueing along with you. Though I don’t understand the whole photoshop bit that you wrote about, I’ll definitely need help with that!

10. Posted January 7, 2014 at 12:32 pm | Permalink

oh, and let me know when the destash post goes up, I really don’t need any more fabric but I won’t need to pay postage so it doesn’t count!

11. Posted January 8, 2014 at 4:09 am | Permalink

Oh how I wish I could come on Saturday :’( I’d love to see how you appliqué.

Please give plenty of prior warning about your destash, just to make sure that I’m as far away as possible from the laptop/ipad/phone x

Runs off to check if she’s listed the treadle yet…….

12. Posted January 10, 2014 at 3:54 am | Permalink

Yikes! Sorry about the new machine! I hope you get it back soon.