Park West

I’ve finished the Park West pattern by Sew Sweetness just in time to enter the Sew Mama Sew competition (it’s all about SMS this week). It does use quite a lot of fabric and I was ill prepared, so it’s made with a mixture of fabrics, a dalmatian print (thanks Ange for the extra bit I needed) and a stripy red for linings, a bit of Comma for inside the pocket and the trim, plus a tiny bit of blue scrap for the tabs and some upholstery weight Ikea stripy stuff for the main body and strap (even though the strap should be contrasting), which meant I didn’t have to use any additional interfacing other than the soft and stable.

It is 13″ tall, by 18″ wide.

DSCF6379 DSCF6380

In other news I got some awesome scraps from Di in the casual swap thing I posted about a few weeks ago, and I also got my first of two Fat Quarter Shop Black Friday purchases.

Fletcher is a bit under the weather at the moment, I think it’s partially due to the invasion of Gwen (have I mentioned that’s the name of our new dog? I can’t remember) and his illness getting worse. He is sighing and squeaking a bit, leaving puddles in the house, not enjoying his walks, eating a lot less and is about half the weight he used to be, as well as seemingly growing a secondary tumour on his skin just above his kidney. With a front door being replaced as it’s broken and a possible sink plumbing job on the way (situation developing as I type) plus Christmas (and my new engagement ring back from resizing next weekend), the vets could actually break the bank so I’m really hoping it will settle down for him until at least January, otherwise I can foresee that we’ll be off for some doggy painkillers in the Christmas break.

Linking up…

1. Posted December 12, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

Lovely bag but I’m really sorry to hear Fletcher is struggling.

2. Jeannie D in TN
    Posted December 12, 2013 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

I am so impressed by that bag! Love your color and pattern selection; really fun!…good luck in the competition. Kisses and Hugs for Fletcher…my older dog HATED it when we got a new puppy and she was sick too. I believe, as did my Vet, that it actually extended her life …once she came down off her pedestal and accepted him!

3. Posted December 12, 2013 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

I love the mix of prints, it looks like you set out to do it that way. Hopefully Fletcher will be doing better for Christmas.

4. Posted December 12, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

Aww, poor Fletch šŸ™ Great job on the bag though

5. Posted December 13, 2013 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Lovely bag Kerry! Hope Fletcher has a better w/e and a new door gets put in soon x

6. Posted December 13, 2013 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Love the bag but am a wee bit teary over poor Fletch (festive hormones! Tsk). I do hope the old boy rallies round, for him AND your pocket! x

7. Posted December 14, 2013 at 7:33 am | Permalink

Beautiful bag Kerry. I really hope Fletcher perks up a bit for you. Us Welsh girls are terrible for draining a boy’s energy.

8. Posted December 14, 2013 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Sorry to hear about Fletcher- hope he has an easier time before christmas. Love the bag as well!

9. Posted December 14, 2013 at 10:08 am | Permalink

Bags looking good, but it sounds like that’s the last thing on your mind, not a great week for you!! :o(

10. Posted December 14, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Poor Fletcher, he’s not a happy doggy at the minute, is he?