Be proud!

Firstly I did blog yesterday, over on my old blog to tell you to come here. Thank you those who did! So I’m still on track for Blogtoberfest :P

Secondly I worked my socks off last night and The curtain is NEARLY DONE!

Usual stand off with the dog that treats fabric on the floor as a yoga mat and digs his claws into it…

An actual clearer view after throwing a gravy bone over my shoulder…

It fills my floor as you can see but I still need a bit of white top and bottom of the patchwork, the yellow strip and the backing. I’ve run out of curtain lining (the white I’ve used) so I need to go and buy 3 1/2 metres on saturday and finish this once and for all.

And when I do it’s from one layer cake project to another. I have decided to treat myself to a new project, because I’m dying to use my Birds and Berries. Just a simple hidden star quilt that won’t take long to make. I am still plodding along with other WIPs but I wanted something fresh to play with that is quick to get a finish on. I’m using this Moda Bake Shop tutorial but using navy for the corners instead of white to make them stand out, and because it’s my new favourite colour. Once the curtains are up I can sew as late as I want without worrying that there’s a weirdo outside the window that I can’t see!

I prepped my layer cake for fun already this morning- is it wrong to just go and make a layer cake into charm squares? Should I have just got charm packs to start with? And I only need half of these so I should have kept half of the layer cake for another time. Never mind, I may decide it’s not big enough once the top is sewn together!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1. Posted October 24, 2012 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Lovely quilt, and lovely dog – what is it about fabric on the floor that is like a magnet to our four legged friends?

2. patricia
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

I made the jump over to your new page. Glad to hear your project to keep weirdos from watching you, aka, your curtain is almost finished. I often cut up layer cakes into charm squares. It usually costs less money that way.

3. Posted October 24, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

Your curtain will be so lovely! made me laugh when you said about throwing the bone over your shoulder!! Love moda bake shop…I waste far too much time on there..

4. Kerry
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

I did post about the guy with the white trainers on my driveway didn’t I? Just in case I didn’t (highly probable) I’m convinced there was someone out there before I finished the first curtain- I saw white trainers but nothing else. The patio doors look straight onto the street and if OH’s car isn’t there then it’s a bit exposed!

5. Kerry
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

The bone thing worked, I always keep some in there handy for just the occasion! I’ve finished the first curtain, I should have linked that post to this really but never mind :)

6. Posted October 24, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

I love how the curtain turned out! Fabulous! Gack! You really had somebody peeping in? Oh my word….hope the fabric loving dog barked at him and made loud “I will eat you” noises….LOL
    I’m drooling over the Birds and Berries….one of my favorite designers! :)

7. Posted October 24, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

Of course a quilt top on the floor is meant for the dog! Why else would you put it there?

8. Posted October 24, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

So pretty! Such a soothing combination of color and pattern. Of course I’m one of those people that thinks all pictures are improved by the dog- but they’re terrible on quilts!

9. Posted October 24, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

your quilt is wonderful….I can see the puppy loves it too…